Seaman’s Discharge Book
Seafarers who are employed on Isle of Man registered vessels can apply for a seaman’s discharge book.
A seaman’s discharge book is a seafarer’s record of service.
Applying for an Isle of Man Discharge book
To apply for a seaman’s discharge book complete form R001 and forward to our office.
Applicants can also email firstname.lastname@example.org to request guidance on how to complete the form.
A list of supporting documents are listed below and must be attached with form R001
- 1 passport sized photograph
- Photocopy of your passport
- Evidence that you are employed or have been offered employment on an Isle of Man registered vessel
- In the case of a continuation issue, your full Discharge Book.
- In the case of a replacement issue, a letter explaining the defacement or loss of your Discharge Book.
Applying for British Seaman’s card
- Evidence that you are employed as a British Seafarer.
- Photocopy of your passport or Birth Certificate
- In the case of a continuation issue, your old British Seaman’s Card.
- In the case of a replacement issue, a letter explaining the Defacement or loss of your British Seaman’s Card
Fees for Discharge Book /BSC can be found here