OUR KEY PRINCIPLEs
The Isle of Man ship register has built its reputation as one of the world’s leading registers on three key principles:
The Isle of Man Ship Registry offers the following advantages that together make up a unique package:
- Political and Financial stability - the Isle of Man has a long history of a political stability and is an OECD ‘white-listed’ jurisdiction
- Mortgage Registration - providing flexibility and security of finance
- Ownership - extensive list of accepted countries for ship ownership structures
- English Law - the Isle of Man operates on a system of English law
- Demise/Parallel Registration - the Isle of Man enables parallel registration with other states, both demise-in and demise-out registration to provide solutions for owners.
- British register - flying the British Red Ensign as a badge of quality
- Professional services - the Isle of Man offers the full range of professional maritime services to assist with the registration, ownership and management of vessels and crew
- Port State Control - strong performance on MOU white lists and USCG Qualship 21 program; includes 1st place on the 2018 Paris MoU White List.
- Out-of-hours registration to suit shipyard times/closing meetings around the world
- 24/7 emergency response by Principal Surveyors (key decision makers)
- Ease for shipyards - no change required to convention standard ship specifications
- Technical expertise - in-house survey and policy teams on hand for advice and consultation
- Network of surveyors - in key global shipping locations
- Pragmatic approach to regulation with a focus on solutions
- Customer service - strong focus on swift response and building relationships
- Flag State Inspection regime using its own exclusive surveyors
- Fees - simple annual fee providing cost effective registration, inspection and certification
- Seafarers Documents - rapid, on-line process for STCW endorsements
- All vessel types - a team fully experienced in the full range of merchant ships, offshore vessels and commercial and pleasure yachts.