On the 1st November 2020, the Merchant Shipping (MARPOL)(Amendments) Order 2020 entered into force which gives effect to the latest version of the MARPOL Convention in Manx Law. As part of this project, we also revamped our MARPOL related shipping notices. These changes are summarised below.
The following new MSNs have been published:
- MSN 068 – MARPOL Annex III
- MSN 069 – MARPOL Annex IV
- MSN 070 – MARPOL Annex V
- MSN 071 – MARPOL Annex VI
- MSN 072 – MARPOL Protocol I
The following old MSNs have been revoked:
- MSN 035 – MARPOL Annex VI Records – NOx Technical Code (Relevant sections transferred to MSN 071)
- MSN 038 – MARPOL Annex VI – (Relevant sections transferred to MSN 071)
- MSN 041 – MARPOL Annex IV – (Relevant sections transferred to MSN 069)
- MSN 043 – MARPOL Annex V – (Relevant sections transferred to MSN 070)
The following MSNs have been amended:
- MSN 049 – Updated with new Bunker Delivery Note information required by MEPC.286(71)
- MSN 056 – Carriage of Dangerous Goods and Harmful Substances. Section 1 (Harmful substances in packaged form) has been transferred to MSN 068; Section 3 (MARPOL Protocol I) has been transferred to MSN 072. The notice MSN now consists of just Section 2 which is Dangerous Goods i.e. SOLAS Chapter VII.
- MSN 066 – Amended section regarding Electronic Record Books.